CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
KMC-Services sp. z o.o.
For us, responsibility is
a key value
We believe that every company should pursue its business objectives in a responsible manner, and while drawing from the environment should pay back its debts. We implement this philosophy by taking care of the natural environment, the local community and the business surroundings.
We implement our CSR program
based on 4 planes:
For us, caring for the environment is a constant attitude and not an incidental activity.
This is reflected in a number of activities that we carry out on a daily basis:
- Our warehouses have energy-saving LED lighting. This reduces CO2 emissions to the atmosphere by 38.5 tons each month
- We choose our vehicle fleet based on low CO2 emissions in accordance with Euro 5 and Euro 6 standards, minimising the negative impact of transport on the environment
- The scope of offered warehouse services includes the management of returnable packaging, which significantly extends the period
in which they are used and delaying their recycling.
- In all branches of our company, we conduct a consistent recycling campaign. Every employee understands its importance and participates in it.
- We educate employees in the field of environmental care, and we conduct training courses in Eco Driving for drivers.
Thanks to this, our team members understand the importance of proper care for the environment.
- We have introduced the digitisation of documentation – thanks to this, we use significantly less paper in the course of our work.
- We are a partner of various campaigns supporting the environment – in 2017 we were the exclusive logistics partner of the ‘Stop Waste Culture’ campaign, as part of which we delivered recycled paper-based books to 314 county-level libraries in Poland and collected over 4 tons of waste paper.. Meanwhile, in 2018 we took on the role of sponsor of the Dog Run, where a significant part of the collected funds supported the activities ofhe Kraków Society for Animal Care and the La Fauna Foundation..
We realise our social responsibility through financial and organisational support for associations and foundations working for the benefit of people and animals. We support a number of organisations that fulfil this mission, including:
The Centaurus Foundation
The Przystań Ocalenie (Rescue Haven) Foundation
- Developing the area of our support for animals, in 2017 we registered our own foundation, which aims to help animals living in poor conditions or abused by their owners.
La Fauna Animal Foundation
At KMC-Services, we believe that the strength of any organisation lies in its people.
That is why we feel honoured that many employees have been on our team for years.
We provide good working conditions for our team members, and they provide a solid quality of service and order execution for our clients.
- We operate on the basis of the principles of the Code of Good Practice and IWAY standards.
- As part of the proprietary company program ‘We Eat Polish Fruit’, fresh fruit from Polish orchards are available every day at our offices, for all employees.
- We support young people by organising internships for students and thus providing them with the opportunity to gain their first professional experience.
- We provide our employees with: training to improve their professional qualifications, private medical care for employees and their families, free English language courses, quality coffee and tea at work, periodic flu vaccinations.
- We prepare Christmas packages for our employees’ children.
- Thanks to the ‘Nasza Paleta’ (Our Pallet) internal e-newspaper, our employees are kept informed about the developments in our company.
- We have introduced an Employee Suggestions System, thanks to which employees can have an impact on the improvement of working conditions. Moreover, the most interesting submissions are rewarded.
- We increase the level of safety and hygiene awareness among employees – both at work and outside.
- We build a culture of quality, which includes taking care of the image of the company, as well as the customers and employees.
- We promote open employee communication through regular and daily exchange of information.
- We believe in the principle that members of the business community should support each other – especially if they operate in the same neighbourhood. Therefore, we make purchases from local companies whenever it is possible and the quality meets our requirements.
- We offer quality support for small businesses, for example, by developing HACCP systems for carriers, indicating good practices, assistance in inspections, sharing of knowledge and business experiences.
- We conduct thorough analysis of complaints and customer suggestions, in order to constantly improve the offered services and raise industry standards.
- We recommend trusted suppliers to customers and business partners, and we help them avoid incorrect decisions.
- In order to support entrepreneurship, we participate in influential business organisations. Katarzyna Chabinka, the President of KMC-Services, is a member of the Board of the British Polish Chamber of Commerce and the Association of Polish Logistics Managers.
- …and we support events promoting local business, also outside Poland, both as a sponsor and as a logistics partner.